“Buy low and sell high" is the Golden Rule of Investment 101 that everyone has most likely heard at one time or another. Unfortunately, this same Golden Rule does not translate well into the entrepreneurial world. Most business owners invest their entire life's work in their business, without taking into consideration their personal ROI.
To have a chance to retire someday and do other things you’ve always wanted to do, here are three mistakes you must avoid:
• Growing your business without studying industry trends with your end game in mind.
• Building a limited amount of value in your business.
• Missing your window of opportunity.
How can you avoid these three mistakes?
• Have an end in mind and start planning for it early.
• Purposefully and intentionally build value within your business.
• Watch the economic cycle to determine the best time to sell.
For more information on the return on investment from your business, preview Chapter 2 “Buy low and sell high.
” in the award winning book Show Me The Money: Run Your Business like a Prosperous Investor.